Make a gratitude list. “I am grateful THAT…” (I’ll start us off with a sampling of mine.)
- We have this holiday. And that the turkey is the “give-away” totem. Thank you for the indigenous people of the future America for not only letting the Pilgrim settlers survive, but also showing them how to survive. To me it is a shining example of “We are all in this together. There is enough to go around.”
- The professionals doing the remodel of my home are so talented. Especially the designer, who is also a friend, and who is not shy about telling me that I don’t really like a particular product, paint color, company, idea, or price when I am insistent that I do. Actually, 90% of the time, I realize she is right after a day has passed.
- There always seems to be someone in the circle that is really adept and talented at hosting, staging, and cooking for the crowd that descends upon a home during this holiday season. It is truly a special skill.
- Wonderful and unique pets are part of many families.
- Our country is so rich in resources and climates that range from tropical to arctic with everything in between. There is majestic beauty of form from sea to shining sea.
- Teaching is an art. And that God has graced me with this gift. And that I know some beautiful artists in this field.
- Money is a form of exchange. And that’s all it is.
- Profanity can be so fucking effective.
- Music has so many genres and bridges generations.
- I know people that like to cook and do it well. I can do it well, but I don’t like to.
- I am blessed to call a few people friends and consider them family.
- I am blessed to call certain family members friends and consider them part of my circle of wagons.
- The Fall and Winter seasons are so fabulous and intimate. I love cozy.
And, I am grateful FOR…
- My abundance and its Source.
- Our differences. Otherwise, it would be so boring.
- Bigs that understand how to raise Littles to their highest and greatest good.
- The shade of a tree that is so giving.
- The skill of throwing some shade when necessary. It allows a slippery slope to put a little humor in an otherwise untenable situation.
- The cocktail or glass of wine at a strategic time of the day in the company of good food, friends, or just for the heck of it.
- My violet aura with a green overlay.
- Baby Heaven and that I remember it.
- Most of all, for Love.
Let’s face it…Whether you choose to think inside or outside the box, being grateful creates abundance and increases your shine. Just do it. Happy Thanksgiving!